Friday 13 July 2012

New Dilemma


Recently, I got an e-mail from an insurance company, wanting to arrange an interview for the position of a medical underwriter. In the e-mail, they mentioned that the salary would be lower than a houseman's salary, so I think it should be around RM2500-3000. They still haven't called me for the interview, but in the e-mail, it sounds like they're very much interested to hire me. Haha, I'm not boasting or being overconfident here, but that's just what I honestly felt.

Anyway, assuming they are going to call me for the interview, and assuming I'm gonna get the job, I will be faced with two choices. Option A - Stay with my current company. Option B - Take up the new job offer and leave my current company.

As much as I'd like to do an administrative job, the insurance company is offering me a lower salary than my current salary. With my current company, I'm getting RM3500 per month, and that's not including the commissions. But with the insurance company, I'm probably gonna get something between RM2500-3000, and there are no commissions.

And I would feel kinda guilty to leave my current company, after they have trained me and started paying my salary even though I haven't even started selling anything yet. My colleagues are awesome, and my boss is just really really nice. Came in an hour late without any valid reason? He doesn't mind. Want to go back early? He'd say "Yeah, sure. No problem." without even asking why. Went for lunch at 12 noon and came back to office at 2.30pm? No one bothers. Colleague asks you whether picture A or picture B looks nicer for the brochure, pick any without even explaining why, and they'll say "Cool! Thanks for the help bro!"

Either everyone in this company is being ridiculously nice, or perhaps I'm just not used to not being scold every single day since I quit my housemanship.

But honestly, if the insurance company calls me up for an interview, and if I get the job, I'm gonna go with Option B.

**Update: The insurance company just called me up for an interview next week. Woohoo!!

***Another update: Insurance company is offering me RM2700 for the underwriting job. Hmm.. Do you guys think I should take up the offer?

Some info on underwriting: http://forum.lowyat.net/topic/296213/all

9 comments:

  1. Awesome dude!
    I'll quit too as soon as I get a new job! with help of a good friend of mine, I'll get an interview with RHB bank as junior manager for e-banking solution!
    BTW, we should meet bro! have a cup of joe together and talk about our bad time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whoa, sounds like a cool job! Any more vacancy? :p
      What sort of thing you gotta do for the job anyway? Sounds tempting.
      Anyway, sure, we can meet up whenever we're both free. :D

      Delete
    2. Yeah dude, they still need 2-3 more guys in the department. I was informed that my job scope include meeting guys from KKM, like DG or hospital director to establish rapport. They put me in e-solution marketing group. I didn't do sale, I just met them. I think it'll be fun if i get this job. My interview will be next week. Wish me luck bro!

      Delete
    3. Hmm, sounds really interesting. But i just wonder what will you need to discuss with the DG or Pengarah?
      anyway, good luck bro! Im sure u'll get the job. :)

      Delete
    4. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. something about managing their fund using RHB e-banking services. erm, they gave me three months of grace period to learn everything about e-banking and they let me work independently after three month! the pay isn't much, circa 2.5K to 3.0K, but I think that'll do. I decided that I wanted to pursue Master in Finance and then become rich!
    P/S- what's you number bro? we should hang out sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Danny. You should pass me ur job if u dont want it..:p... im also looking for other job currently but no one calling me yet.... any tips bro?
    -dk-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just got a call from the insurance company arranging for the interview. So if I get the job, then this current job will be vacant. Maybe you guys would have the chance. I'll update you if things work out well. :D

      Delete